Capturing and using feedback
We are proactive in capturing and acting on feedback from all stakeholders. Feedback routes include:
- Independent Patient Surveys (CFEP) gathering both qualitative and quantitative feedback conducted monthly and quarterly
- Continuous collection of feedback forms from Health Professionals
- Comments on social media via our Twitter feed and HUC Facebook page
- Our website
- Service user feedback from primary care bases
- Online sources such as NHS choices and from Healthwatch
- Staff surveys
- Comments cards with QR code links to website feedback pages
We encourage informal feedback, e.g. our management team are visible and actively engage with Health and Clinical Advisors to get their views on service delivery and ideas for improvement. Our Clinical Leads also receive feedback from our GPs and Nurse Practitioners both informally and formally during evening Clinician meetings.
We employ a Patient Experience team and Patient Champion who oversee the formal complaints process as well as our patient feedback processes and incidents.
Innovation in capturing feedback
We evaluate negative feedback as if it were a complaint. We channel feedback into staff audit processes, and into service changes, which we then report back to patients as ‘You Said – We Did’. Our independent patient survey reports are shared with our Patient Champions who hold us to account for taking action.Learn more